Thursday, February 28, 2013

New box...yummy dinner!

Fish night! Good thing, 'cuz I is tired and fish is quick. Plus, I delegated the fish prep to my husband while I set about making a fruit salad with the kiwi, strawberries, oranges and a banana. Super simple! Fruit slathered in vanilla yogurt is always a sure hit.

I wanted a hot steamed vegetable component to our meal, also, so I put some broccoli heads and chunks of the purple carrot into the microwave steamer and set it to cook in the microwave for 5 minutes.

Lee was making the fish in those individual ramekin boats, topping the Bank Rockfish with butter, lemon juice, basil and parsley. The basil had survived from our little window plants we started a couple of months ago. Lemon pepper and garlic salt seasoned it just perfectly. The dishes baked for about one half hour until the fish was a flakey white. Lee also made his special tartar sauce with mayonnaise, dill pickle relish, lemon juice, Worchesterchire sauce and dried dill. Its always so tangy and good.

I kind of wanted to make rice, too, but we really didn't need it. We had our fill of fish and veges, so the salad was almost like dessert. Almost, cuz nothing beats those Girl Scout cookies!

The only drawback was that there were no leftovers. I will have to build some green salads for our lunch tomorrow. Maybe those garbanzo bean sprouts will make a nice addition to the salad. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment