|This vessel right here is my favorite cooking appliance|
|Made this the other night. Have about half leftover.|
|Literally just threw it all in the crock pot|
|My soup was kind of chunky, but you can use an immersion blender to smooth it out if you like.|
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp honey dijon mustard
- 3-4 dashes of your favorite hot sauce (I used McClintocks)
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Add cauliflower and garlic to a very large baking dish. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and season with a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Bake until browned and softened, about 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and season with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook until tender and fragrant, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir in mashed potatoes.
- Add cooked cauliflower and garlic scraping baking dish well into the pot. Add turmeric and curry powder, salt and pepper. Add mustard and hot sauce.
- Puree using an immersion blender, high quality stand blender (will likely need to do in batches), or food processor (will also likely require multiple batches. Return to heat and stir in cheese. Add extra salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately. Leftovers may be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week
Note: When Lee checked his blood sugar 2 hours after dinner, it was high. I might make this soup again without all the potatoes and see what the results will be.