Tuesday, February 12, 2013

what to expect in this Week's box

Fruit, Vegetable, Herb, and Juice List for 01/28/2013 - 02/01/2013
THIS WEEK'S TOTE INCLUDES:
Cutie Tangerines, Blood Oranges, "Organic" Crisp Fuji Apples, "Organic" Beets, "Organic" Carrots, Red Rose Potatoes, Red Leaf Lettuce, Broccoli Crowns, Bloom Microgreens~ Sunflower Shoots, Red Onions, Cilantro, and Shanghai Baby Bok Choy 

THIS WEEK'S RECIPES (http://www.sloveg.com/recipes.cfm):
Creamy Tangerine Dressed Grilled Asparagus; Tangerine-Serrano Frozen Treats; Santa Barbara Prawns with Blood Orange Glaze; Filet of Halibut served over Olive Oil Roasted Fingerlings, Topped with Pea Shoots and Blood Oranges; Baked Apples Stuffed with Honey, Almonds, and Ginger; Broccoli, Red Pepper and Cheddar Chowder; Green Chili Stew; Grilled Red Potato Salad with Blue-Cheese Vinaigrette; Golden Beet and Sunflower Salad; Spring Green Salad with Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette; Beets with Chive Cream; Baked Onion with Thyme; Bok Choy Salad; Spicy Shrimp and Bok Choy Noodle Bowl; Stir-Fried Chinese Vegetables. Bloom Microgreen recipes: www.bloommicrogreens.com .

THIS WEEK'S LOCAL FARMERS:
Bloom Microgreens, Cal Poly Organic Farms, Dr's Veggies, Fair Hills Farms, Martinon Farms, The Fruit Factory

********************

Oranges, apples, beets, carrots...sounds pretty colorful, once again. All the colors seem to make food all the more appetizing. I think I will try several of the suggested recipes, like the potato salad with Bleu cheese and the baked apples with honey--slurrrp! I had made a "Red, White and Bleu salad" over the summer for a 4th of July potluck that was a big hit, so I will compare my recipe with the one on SLO Veg. I know I have an orange chicken recipe that calls for blood oranges. Looks like Chinese this week, so I'd best check on my supply of rice. I know I have some Jasmine rice on hand, though. The shrimp and noodles with bok choy sounds delicious, also, and is probably pretty quick to make. Good for a week night.

1 comment:

  1. Just found a recipe that will make good use of the apples and oranges: Apple Ambrosia Salad from Trisha Yearwood. It calls for coconut and pineapple, too. Maybe I will make it for Superbowl Sunday.

    ReplyDelete