Friday, February 8, 2013

Lunchbox Salad with Tarragon Dressing

Eating lunch at my desk...but it's so much more enjoyable with my curly red leaf lettuce salad and homemade dressing. Actually, the highlight is really the Tarragon dressing made from one of Guy Fieri's recipes! Its awesome. Guy's recipe is also responsible for my newfound love for beets, roasted, that is. I saw him make the beet salad on his TV show and I tried it, and liked it! Nothing like the canned beets I was served as a child.
But this dressing works great on lettuce salads, too, especially the blends with arugula and radiccio and all those strong flavors. Today the little Cutie tangerine sections scattered on top add just the right citrusey-sweet balance.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/beet-salad-with-goat-cheese-recipe/index.html
Tarragon Dressing:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 teaspoons dried tarragon
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
I either measure everything into a small jelly jar and shake vigourusly with the lid on, or blend it with my new stick blender, adding the oil last after the other ingredients are mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment