Sunday, June 16, 2013

Vegies Skewers

I made the vegie skewers  the day before the barbecue as well. I simply washed the vegies and sliced the squash into 1/2 rounds, a little thicker than normal. That way I could thread them on the skewer with the wide side facing out to get the most heat from the grill. I left the mushrooms whole. It as an easy assembly alternating colors and shapes. I made sure to point the skewer down as I threaded the vegies on it so as to not stab myself! Then they just went into the frig for the night with the other prepped foods. Just before grilling, I drizzled on a little olive oil and let Lee pick the seasoning for them. I think he used the Santa Maria style barbecue seasoning blend of salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Super simple and delicious!

I soaked the skewers for a couple of hours in water prior to assembly.
a good tip is to point the skewer down as you poke it through the vegies.
All barbecue food is prepped and ready for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment