Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day BBQ


Lee biting into a popper.
So the deal was, I prep the food and Lee will cook it. (I made  that deal myself, then I let him in on it). Pretty good deal, seeing as how he loves to barbecue. Since it was Father's Day, I wanted to accomodate him.  
Remember those sweet peppers I stuffed with a blend of Mexican shredded cheese and cream cheese, then wrapped in bacon? They made the perfect appetizer! Lee grilled them on a grill platter and they came out with a nice char and a creamy, melted cheese inside.
Then he put the marinated tri-tip on to grill for about 45 minutes. That gave him plenty of time to enjoy a nice cold beer in a nice frosty mug along with some tortilla chips and mango salsa. Lee had a little hand in that one. I had bought some mango salsa from the store, then I made a batch of Pico de Gallo. Lee decided to mix the two together for a fresher mix of sweet and spicy. Not bad, Honey! It sure tasted pretty good with the 805 beer. The last thing to go on the grill was the vegie skewers that had zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms coated with olive oil and a barbecue seasoning blend. I think that was just Santa Maria seasoning: salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Lee was in charge of that, too.

Here is the plated dinner. I took the ends of the tri-tip, which was a little more cooked. Lee and Taylor ate the more rare stuff in the middle of the roast.
 Not all the food came from SLO Veg, but I used as much as I could: sweet potatoes, green onions, zucchini, yellow squash, cilantro and olive oil.
Of course, there were presents--a new food dehydrator
Lee and T enjoying a refreshing beverage.
Then there was dessert: homemade cheesecake. Well, semi-homemade. I used a graham cracker crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment