Saturday, June 29, 2013

This week's tote from SLO Veg

I didn't have time to arrange the fruits and vegies on Thursday for a picture...woke up late and just put everything away before heading out to work. Oh well, it was a beautiful box. Lots of fruit. I already have taken some of it and dried it in the dehydrator. We have dried peaches, nectarines and apricots. This morning I made a pint of my Avocado Cilantro dressing. I think I will make a casserole of the sliced up squash and potatoes, the one with parmesan cheese on top. It is super simple, pretty, and so yummy! I think I need to get some more parmesan cheese, first, however. Then there are the beautiful green beans...I would like to roast them, but its so hot this week I probably will end up just boiling them, or maybe I will try the SLO Veg suggestion of sauteed green beans with tomato and basil...I think I have enough of the lemon basil from last week to make it work. Maybe they would be good with the fish that we haven't had time to cook yet.

Last night we went to a friend's house for dinner, kind of a last minute kind of thing. I didn't even know what the dinner plan was, but I wanted to bring something besides the bottle of Pinot Grigio I had in the cooler, so I made an appetizer dip with the canned smoked albacore we got in the boxes several weeks ago. I found a recipe in which you mix the tuna with cream cheese and it turned out to be a hit! I will definately have to make that one again! The main dish turned out to be Cioppino, so it was a perfect pairing, in my opinion. Everyone seemed to really like my appetizer.

http://www.sloveg.com/eathealthy.cfm

Fruit, Vegetable, Herb, and Juice List for 06/24/2013 - 06/28/2013 THIS WEEK'S TOTE INCLUDES:
Honey Dew Melon, "Dolly" Plums, Yellow Nectarines, Sweet "Valencia" Oranges, Vine Ripened "Shady Lady" Tomatoes, "Haas" & "Bacon" Avocados, "Blue Lake" Green Beans, Celery, Radishes, Cucumbers, Yellow Squash, Lebanese Squash, Spinach, and Pistachios 

THIS WEEK'S RECIPES (http://www.sloveg.com/recipes.cfm):
Mint and Lime Melon Salad; Nectarine and Almond Crisp; Baked Nectarines with Greek Yogurt and Honey; Nectarine and Tomato Salad; Citrus Muffins; Spinach Salad with Orange Vinaigrette; Green Bean Tomato Salad with Basil and Feta Cheese; Sautéed Green Beans with Tomatoes and Basil Served with Parmesan Crisps; Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Salad; Egg, Ham and Spinach Pizza; Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing; Grilled Summer Squash; Squash and Zucchini Cakes; Creamy Pistachio Pops; Salmon with Pistachio Basil Butter

THIS WEEK'S LOCAL FARMERS:
Bautista Farms, Bell Farms, Canyon Ranch Farms, Martinon Farms, The Fruit Factory 

No comments:

Post a Comment