Saturday, June 15, 2013

Avocado-Cilantro Dressing

We got the most beautiful avocados in our SLO Veg box!


I knew just the right dressing to make for our fish tacos, and whipped up enough for Lee to take in his lunch box salads all week, too. I had everything I needed in my SLO Veg box: avocados and cilantro! I just added some red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, avocado oil (how cool, huh?),some freshly minced garlic, lemon and lime juices, salt and pepper. Then I tasted it and decided to add a couple of teaspoons of honey and a big dollop of Greek yogurt. Ahh...just right!
This was my reference recipe:
and this is how I made it:
Avocado & Cilantro Dressing
1 large ripe avocado; 3/4 bunch cilantro (about 1 cup loosely packed); juice of 1 lime; juice of 1 lemon; 1/4 cup avocado oil; 1 clove garlic, minced; 1-2 Tbsp red wine vinegar; up to a 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp honey and 1/2 cup Greek yogurt. Put all in a blender and whir on low speed. If it's too thick, add a bit more of one or more of the liquids above.
A few whirs of the blender blades, and you get a delicious dressing for salads, tacos, fish, chicken or meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment