Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day food prep

Taylor gladly helped bring in the groceries today!
I went to Costco yesterday and stocked up! We got a new freezer (thanks Eric!) and my mission prior to the big day (aka Father's Day!) was to stock it up. It now contains tri-tip, bacon!, hamburger in 1-1/2 pound packages, hamburger patties, chicken breasts, thighs and legs, all packaged for a dinner-sized serving, and even some extra cheese--the Costco bag came in a two pack, one for now and one for later. Note: the beer went into the frig, but the beer mugs are in the freezer getting all frosty!
I bought some Philadelphia cream cheese and plan to use it in a variety of ways. We have some smoked fish from the local fisheries and I found some recipes for a smoked fish spread made with cream cheese. Yum! But here I mixed the cream cheese with some shredded Mexican cheese blend and filled these little sweet peppers. Then I wrapped them in bacon and they are ready for the Father's Day barbecue.
Beef tri-tip is marinating in the frig.
Sweet Potato salad inspired by Trisha Yearwood's cooking show this morning.
Vegie skewers are all ready to grill

All wrapped and ready for tomorrow's Father's Day Barbecue. Best part? I am not cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment