Thursday, March 14, 2013

Roasted cauliflower and stuffed bell peppers


This was last night's dinner: Bell peppers stuffed with a brown rice and ground beef and drowned in tomato sauce. I actually started it the day before by roasting the bell peppers for 30 minutes @ 350 degrees in the oven. That softened them up and I think I like it. Usually when I make this dish, the bell peppers are still too crispy and  kind of raw and nobody actually eats them. Done this way, baked twice, they are soft and sweet and delicious, and we ate them right up! 

I also roasted the cauliflower in a basic and simple way: florets spread on a baking sheet, drizzled in olive oil and seasoned with salt. The vegies roasted for 40 minutes, and I turned them over about halfway through

I browned some ground beef and seasoned it with thyme and rosemary and seasoned salt. Then I mixed it with some left over brown rice, added a can of diced tomatoes and stuffed the peppers with it. A can of tomato sauce was poured over each stuffed pepper and then it baked for 30 minutes until it was heated all the way through.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment