Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easy oven roasted fish n vegies


Pretty colors this week! We got our pound of fish (I think it is Pacific Grenedier again), some juice, bok choy, sugar snap peas, celery, broccoli, lettuce, radishes, citrus fruits, sprouts, strawberries and kiwi.
Dinner is going to have to cook itself tonight, though, because I have to figure out storage for all of this and do some dishes, too. So I break a head of broccoli into florets and give it a rinse, then grab a couple of carrots from the frig, along with two stalks of celery and a half onion. Everything gets cut into one-inch chunks and spread onto a shallow baking pan, then coated in olive oil and into a 400 degree oven it goes. The fish follows form with a coating of olive oil, a spritz of lemon juice and a sprinkling of a seafood seasoning blend I have in my spice rack. I put it into the oven about 10 minutes after the vegetables and roast it all for another 20 minutes until the fish flakes and the vegies have a slight brown edge.

Meanwhile, I was up the breakfast dishes and our lunch containers, and put away the rest of the produce and toss together a quick dinner salad. It includes fresh curly leaf lettuce, sugar snap peas, radishes, and a bleu cheese vinaigrete.
I have been saving the plastic containers that my lettuce mixes come in for my SLO Veg produce. The containers can be rinsed out and reused many times. So lettuce goes into one, bok choy in another. The broccoli goes into a plastic baggie, while all the fruts go into my hanging basket. They do pretty well there for about a week, but if I haven't used it up by then I will bag it up and put it into the frig.

Tonight I grab a few strawberries, kiwi, cutie tangerines and an apple, chop it all up in a bowl and add lime juice and honey for a fresh dessert to go with our meal. Now its 8 o'clock, the fish is done, and American Idol is beginning. My favorites are the girls this year, so I gotta dish up our plates and go sit down. Ooooh! Keith Urban is singing right now...this needs my attention. Gotta go!
Note*** tonights dinner included all these tote items: used curly lettuce, radishes, sprouts, broccoli, celery, lemon, strawberries, kiwi, tangerines, apple and fish.
Oven-roasted broccoli and carrots with baked Pacific Grenedier. A little olive oil, lemon juice and seasoned salt completes this easy fish bake, along with some Parmesan cheese for the vegies.
A fresh green salad with curly leaf lettuce, sugar snap peas and radishes, topped with a light Balsamic vinaigrete, and a fresh fruit salad dressed with honey and lime juice accompany dinner. Oh, yes, and some of Lee's tartar sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment