Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Watermelon Granita

Pioneer Woman has a recipe for Watermelon Granita that I just had to try. It looked super simple, in fact, I think I did a simplier version than she did. On her blog, she cut the watermelon into cubes and then put them into the blender. I just scooped the watermelon out of the shell with a large serving spoon and dumped it into my blender. Anyway, I pureed up a whole seedless watermelon and its in the freezer right now for the intial freeze. I tasted a spoonful of the slush and it was pretty awesome, so I can't wait to churn it up a few times and then eat some with a spoon out of a martini glass.
http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/watermelon-granita-4/?print=1/#size3x5

watermelon Granita

Ingredients

  • 1/2 whole Seedless Watermelon, Cut Into Chunks (rind Discarded) (about 8 Cups Of Chunks)
  • 2 whole Limes, Juiced
  • 1/3 cup Sugar

Preparation Instructions

Place half the watermelon, half the lime juice, and half the sugar in a blender. Process until smooth, then pour into a separate bowl.
Repeat with other half of ingredients. Pour into same bowl as other batch.
Transfer mixture to a 9 x 13 baking dish. Freeze for two or three hours, then begin the process of lightly scraping the top, frozen layer. Return pan to freezer with the shaved ice on top; remove a couple of hours later and continue scraping. Repeat the occasional scraping process until the entire mixture is shaved. Store, covered in plastic wrap, until serving.
Serve in pretty glasses with a twist of lime.



No comments:

Post a Comment