Monday, October 28, 2013

Easy Vegies and Sole

I was up early this morning, preparing for a 4-mile run/walk event at our annual Oktoberfest celebration. I am 3 weeks into a 12-week fitness commitment, so this fits right into the plan. We had a great lunch afterwards of bratwurst sausages, sauerkraut and Hefinweisen beer. (That is in the plan too--FREE DAY!) Then I came home and took a nap and when I woke up, wouldn't you know it? It was dinner time!
I think I have three or four zucchinis in the fridge, but since its just me and Lee tonight, I chopped up one of them for my bacon- tomato- zucchini saute With bacon and garlic. I used two Roma tomatoes and a large green onion. Then I decided to toss in the Swiss chard and flavor it with Balsamic vinegar. I went a little heavy on the vinegar as it pours out too quickly. But we had our vegetable! 
II paired the veggies with the little bit of procuitto tortellini I had left over, boiling them in water, then draining and mixing with butter and garlic. Then I quickly pan fried the Dover sole in butter, seasoned with sea salt and coarse black pepper. Both things took about 5 minutes!
With dinner done and my sweet tooth activated, I split open three peaches that would not last another day and popped them into the oven to bake with a little butter and cinnamon sugar. I convince Lee to pull them out of the oven after 15 minutes and top them with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream. Perfect ending to the day!
It

No comments:

Post a Comment