Friday, August 2, 2013

Really Puckery Strawberry Margaritas


Really puckery strawberry margaritas! That's what we got tonight using strawberries I had previously frozen from my SLO Veg delivery. They look pretty, though. I referred to this recipe from Food Network, but of course I had to substitute things, like the lime juice. I didn't have any limes, and I didn't have any lime juice. I did, however, have lemon juice. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't used so much...I think it was like a half cup of lemon juice. Pretty close on everything else, though. Maybe I should have used a few more strawberries. I ended up needing way more sweetener, so I added about a quarter cup of sugar. Not simple syrup, sugar. I had to fix it. Also, I dipped the glasses in margarita salt, not sugar. I guess it was salvageable...we drank the whole darn blender pitcher full. Good night!

Directions
Puree 3 cups strawberries, 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur, 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, 3/4 cup tequila (preferably anejo), 2 tablespoons honey and a pinch of salt in a blender. Add 3 cups ice and blend until smooth. Divide among 4 stemmed glasses; garnish with strawberries dipped in sugar.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment