Tuesday, April 23, 2013

TV dinner

Well, truth be told, they're all TV dinners these days...
At least, that's become the norm for us lately due to my work schedule. When you don't walk in the door until after 7 p.m., its all a rush to make dinner and get some relax time before bedtime, so I try to plan ahead and have things prepped the day before.
On my day off, I took a 3 pound package of ground beef and made 12 meatballs using Italian seasonings and mixed up a meatloaf with the rest of the package. The meatballs when into the freezer after being baked, while the meatloaf went into the frig for cooking the next night. When I got home from work, I first put the meatloaf into the oven at 375 degrees, then started some quinoa in the rice cooker.
Our vegetables would be a crisp dinner salad topped with shredded carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions and sliced fennel with ranch dressing, and roasted asparagus seasoned with olive oil and sea salt. Asparagus is so tasty done this way! That didn't need to go into the oven until 20 minutes before the meatloaf was done, so it allowed me a few minutes to sit and chat with Lee about our day before we ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment