Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ramen Noodles with Peanut Sauce

So when I was supposed to be sleeping this morning, I was really browsing through my emails and running down links for all my food blogs and recipes-of-the-day from all the different websites I subscribe to. I really don't have time to look at all of them, so if the photo or caption doesn't catch my eye, I usually delete it and move on. Today there were lots of links for school lunches, etc, which can be handy to read because we pack our lunches for work every day. A new idea here and there never hurts, because mostly our lunches consist of last nights dinner entree.

A cold peanut-noodle dish for kids caught my eye, and next thing I knew I was browsing recipes for Thai peanut sauces. I love the flavor of soy, peanut butter, rice vinegar and lime. Substitute coconut milk for peanut butter and you have the makings for a great curry sauce. Either way, that stuff satisfies a huge craving for me and makes my palate happy, happy, happy!

I ended up following a recipe from Ellie Krieger for a simple peanut sauce made in the blender. I used peanut butter, rice vinegar, Tamari sauce, brown sugar, fresh ginger, red pepper, sesame oil, water. I didn't have any limes or lime juice on hand, so I had to leave that out, but I think I will buy a bottle of lime juice next time I go to the grocery store so I can store it in the frig for occasions such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment