Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fish with Orange Butter Sauce

I love the recipes posted by the fishermen on SLOfreshcatch.com. They are about as straightforward as you can get. Butter and orange juice. Maybe I will salt and pepper the fish first? Probably, but it doesn't sound like it really matters. I guess this is a recipe you can't really screw up!

The only twist was when I opened my baggie of fish that was delivered from SLO Veg this week, one package said "Black Cod" and the other said "Halibut". Usually the packages are unmarked, and look like the same fish. Halibut?!? The latter is going in the freezer, because that one is MINE! All mine! Well, maybe mine and Lee's, but our, anyway! I have plans for that halibut, and it includes special time with my hubby. It's my favorite fish and I have a recipe that calls for coconut milk that will require my full attention. It's only half a pound of fish, for crying sake! I quickly defrosted another package of cod that I have put in the freezer last week when we went up to the races and couldn't prepare it right away. The kids will love it, orange sauce and all...

September 3-9 2013
Ling Cod Caught By Multiple Captains With Orange Butter Sauce
Posted on by margie on September 3rd, 2013
1 lb Ling Cod
4 T. butter
2 cups fresh orange juice
Melt butter in a pan, add the fillet, then douse with the fresh orange juice.  As the fish cooks, the orange juice will reduce and thicken.  Serve the sauce with the fish.

I paired our fish with a simple squash casserole where you layer zucchini, lebanese squash, onion (in this case I used leeks) and tomatoe slices, drizzle olive oil all over it, season it with salt and pepper and some dried thyme, and roast in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Its simple and delicious!  Plus I have some leftover yellow rice with peas, so I think I have a really simple, well-rounded meal for the family tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment