Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pasta-bilities!

Slow cooked country-style pork ribs with bow tie pasta... Hey, dinner that almost cooks itself!

Earlier in the day I started off by browning the country-style pork ribs in some olive oil and then putting them into a crock pot with a concoction of spaghetti sauce. My sauce consisted of tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, chopped up celery, diced garlic, diced onion, salt and pepper and a good dash of balsamic vinegar. That cooked in the crock pot on low for about 6 hours.

Just after Lee arrived home from work, I cooked the bow tie pasta for about 10 minutes, then I added in some asparagus that was trimmed into 1 inch pieces. I let that boil for another 3 minutes then I drained it all and put the pasta back into the pot . I sauteed some shallots and olive oil and then mixed it with the pasta and asparagus, adding a little more olive oil, some chopped parsley and some Parmesan cheese.

I served the pasta in my pasta bowls with some of the country style pork ribs on the side. I am saving most of the meat-flavored sauce for another spaghetti dinner later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment