Friday, May 24, 2013

Creamy garlic pasta with squash casserole

Oh my gosh! I have to say that was the best dinner!

I had a variety of squash from my SLO Veg box: zucchini, yellow and Lebanese squash. I had just the recipe in mind from one I had found on Pinterest. It was super simple, consisting of chopped onions, slices of squash and tomato, olive oil, seasonings and Parmesan cheese. I was able to assemble it in a matter of minutes and then pop it into the oven to roast while I prepared the pasta. The best part about this recipe is that it looks fancy, but it is so easy!

I also found a pasta recipe on Pinterest that looked pretty good. Garlic, olive oil and butter were the starters. Then you add just three cups of chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Pasta goes in and you cook it for the designated time according to package instructions. When most of the water is absorbed, a cup of parmesan cheese is added and stirred until melted in. Then you take it off the heat, add some cream and fresh parsley, season with salt and pepper, and dinner is ready.

Just a little trivia on this photo. I forgot to take a picture of my plate and gobbled my food all down. So Taylor graciously dished up his plate and arranged it just so I could take a nice picture. Thank you T!

Recipes:
Parmesan Vegetable Spiral: a bed of onions is topped by a medley of veggies (tomatoes, squash & zucchini) then drizzled w EVOO, sprinkled with salt, pepper, Thyme, and Parmesan cheese and roasted to perfection.

Here is the link for the pasta recipe:
http://thecheesepusher.tumblr.com/post/2719857351/creamy-garlic-pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment