Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pacific Grenadier and Broccoli

What kind of fish did we get in the box tonight? Pacific Grenadier. I looked at the SLO Fresh Catch blog and found the perfect recipe, because our SLO Veg box also includes several heads of broccoli! I am baking some sweet potatoes and will bake the fish in a little while. The broccoli can go into the oven as well! Sweet!

http://www.slofreshcatch.com/february-25-27-2014-grenadier-caught-by-captain-hackelman-baked-with-herb-crust-and-brocoli/

Speaking of sweet, I don't have any Portuguese bread, but I guess the closest thing is the Hawaiian rolls because they originated from the Portuguese sailors' recipes when they migrated to Hawaii. Betcha didn't know that! If I was a good bread baker, I might make my own, but for now I will use the Hawaiian bread. Sigh. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_sweet_bread

I decided to use my ramekins because the fish can be served right in the dish. I sauteed some leeks in butter and layered them on the bottom of the dish. Then I put the fish on top, smeared butter on it and seasoned it with coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. I coated the fish with panko bread crumbs because I didn't have any Hawaiian bread to use tonight. It went into the oven for 15 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment