Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hot Albacore Dip

I wanted to make an appetizer dip for my dinner party tomorrow using some kind of fish. We had received some smoked albacore through SLO Veg that is a locally caught product. I checked out the website at EatAlbacore.com and found the perfect recipe. My sister is bringing some rye crackers that will go perfectly with this flavorful dip and hopefully bring a bit of authenticity to our Ukrainian dinner in honor of our mother's heritage.
I used two cans of albacore and added about a half-cup of may and a half cup of sour cream to the blend. I also used sliced leeks instead of green onions, because that's what  I found in my frig this morning.

http://eatalbacore.com/recipes.htm

Hot Albacore Dip
1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
1 Tbsp. milk
1 can Premium Albacore Tuna
½ tsp. horseradish
2 Tbps. green onions
¼ tsp. salt and pepper
Slivered almonds

Mix cream cheese and milk together using mixer or hand stirring. Add remaining ingredients and place in oven-safe dish. Sprinkle almonds on top. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until hot throughout. Serve with snack crackers. Your guests will love this appetizer!


No comments:

Post a Comment