Saturday, January 25, 2014

Tandoori Chicken & Roasted Cauliflower

I cut up my Tandoori chicken into bite-sized pieces to make it easier to dip into the spicy yogurt. SLO Veg cauliflower coated in olive oil and seasoned with turmeric complimented the chicken.
From Jody's cookbook, "Fifty Shades of Chicken"
My friend Jody posted a picture on Facebook the other day of a Chicken Mole she made and it looked so dang good, so several of us friends asked for the recipe. She posted it, along with another recipe for Tandoori Chicken. 
"Doesn't that call for Garam Masala?" I wondered. I had a whole bottle of that spice that I probably should use up, since I think I only used it in one recipe over a year ago. Yup, it called for it. Perfect. So I promptly took out some frozen chicken breasts and defrosted them in the microwave while I mixed the yogurt sauce for marinating. I let the chicken soak in the spicy yogurt for most of the day until it was time to bake it. The chicken went in at 6:30 followed by the cauliflower at 6:45 and we were eating by 7:15. Not too shabby.
I had blogged about the roasted cauliflower earlier, so just search for it on my blog page and you can find the recipe for that, too. Turmeric is a really handy spice to have on hand, as well as garam masala.

Our dinner was accompanied by a green salad using Curly Leaf lettuce from our SLO Veg box. I topped it with mushrooms, kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, dried cranberries and parmesan cheese. I used a balsamic vinaigrette that I had mixed up this morning for the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment