Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bottom of the Barrel Pasta

It's the night before delivery day from SLO Veg, and I need something yummy for dinner. Let's see, I have onions: red, yellow, and a leek. I think I will go with the leek. There is corn on the cob that I thought Lee would boil the other night, but he didn't. Also, the basil, cilantro and flat-leafed parsely that I had stored in a plastic tub were still crisp. That, and some purple cabbage are all the fresh vegetables I have in my frig right now. Tomorrow's delivery of vegetables and fruit will be just in the nick of time. 


Angel hair Pasta with Shrimp
1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and precooked
1 leek
4 basil leaves
3 sprigs Italian flat-leafed parsley
1 jar prepared Alfredo sauce
7 oz. Angel hair pasta

Bring pasta water to a boil and add salt. Put the pasta on and cook for about 8-10 minutes, until al dente. Meanwhile, saute the sliced leeks in butter for a few minutes, then add the shrimp and heat through. Pour in a jar of prepared Alfredo sauce and season with chopped fresh basil and parsley. Serve over pasta. Add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment