Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Oven fried Fish for dinner

So we are having our fish dinner tonight instead of our usual Thursday. Last week our SLO Veg delivery got delayed due to a new driver on the route. I guess one of my neighbors got an unexpected delivery of fresh fruits and vegies. Anyway, I contacted SLO Veg right away by email, and our box was dropped off the following day. You know how things work out they way they should...we just had pizza that night. We were both pooped from work and all, so it was no problem. 

It just changed our dinner schedule a bit, because on Friday I made a big pot of pasta because our 20-year-old had friends over and we didn't want to share our fish with them. Then on Saturday after I did the Miracle Miles 10K walk, I couldn't move and Lee had to make a reheated dinner. On Sunday, it was barbecue at the brother's house, and on Sunday my daughters came over for dinner and we barbecue pork tri-tip. So fish is for tonight, for me and Lee, and Taylor if he's lucky. 

This recipe is from Cooking Light, with a few changes. Their recipe called for Panko breadcrumbs, but I just make my own from old bread ends I have in the freezer. I chop them up in my mini-chopper and toast them a little in the toaster oven. I made tartar sauce from the leftover lemon-mayo dip we had last night with our grilled artichokes. Got to use up those leftovers, you know? 

I watched several cooking shows today as I lazed around nursing my foot. Giada did something with spinach, so I think I will look that show up and see what it was exactly that she did to it...maybe I will give it a try. 

 

Crispy Fish with Lemon-Dill Sauce

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/crispy-fish-with-lemon-dill-sauce-10000001973612/

Ingredients

  • 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten 
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 4 (6-ounce) skinless cod fillets 
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise 
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
  • Lemon wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment